Thursday, January 17, 2013

Annabelle's 1st Birthday Party

We were able to celebrate our sweet Annabelle this past weekend. It was a small, family party, but I still had a blast decorating for it. I chose the theme 'Winter Onederland'... this theme seems to be popular now, but I thought it was so cute, so I went with it. 

I got most of the decorations by buying a file from someone on Etsy. Its very fairly priced and then you can print the number of decorations, etc. that you need. I was quite happy with the way they turned out.

First up, the invitation. I loooved her invitation. :)

For the decorations, I printed and cut out the 'Happy Birthday Annabelle' banner.


I made the 'Watch me Grow' timeline of pictures. 1 picture for each month (plus a newborn picture). It just so amazing to see how much a baby changes from newborn to 1! The canvas snowflake prints are courtesy of my SIL, Neely. She made them to decorate at Christmas time and let me borrow them for the party.

 I found glittery snowflakes at walmart for quite cheap around Christmas. We had 60 of them on string and then taped to the ceiling. Mark and his dad helped out with this task. The snowflakes are still up in my dining room because they just look so pretty in there that I can't stand to take them down.

 

 If you look closely at the windows in this picture, you will see that there are window clings on the windows. Those were Jonah's decorations. I found the snowflake clings on clearance after Christmas and just knew Jonah would love to get to help, so I scooped them up.
The white pilars in this picutre are also a clearance find. They were like 0.50 cents each. The glittery snowflakes on top were another borrowed from Neely item.
 
The food.... We had chicken minis... which I named 'fried snowball sandwiches'. I forgot to take a picture of them though. We had chips and Que'sno', and veggies and snow dip (just white ranch dip). to drink we had water (melted snowflakes) and chocolate milk (muddy snowflakes). We had a hot chocolate bar which I called (hot muddy snowflakes), but again, I didn't get a picture of it. The cake was from Publix bakery. It was white cake with fresh strawberry in between the layers. The cake was pretty and delicious! Publix also gave us a free 'smash cake' with our order.
 
 

                                                        Annabelle's smash cake
                                                         The main birthday cake

 
                                      Annabelle in her high chair, getting ready for her cake.
The party hat was something I printed from the stuff I ordered on Etsy.com... I added the ribbon to make it a little fancier. I couldn't believe that Annabelle left it on long enough for us to get a picture of her.

 It was all down hill from here. She was NOT a fan of the cake. She did not like having the icing all over her hands and made that very apparent to everyone at the party. poor thing.

                                                                  Not a happy camper.
For the favors I made peppermint bark with pink candy melts instead of white chocolate. I got the molds and pink candy melts from Michaels. I sprinkled crushed peppermint in the molds before pouring in the melted candy to add some sparkle to the front of the snowflakes. My grandmother used to always make molded candy for parties and occasions, so I was glad I could carry on her tradition at Annabelle's first birthday party.
 

 

My SWEET 1 year old!
 
 

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. SO precious. I hope she can read this one day and appreciate all her mommy did to make this party as special as it possibly could be. I have pics of the chicken minis and hot muddy snowflake bar if you want them.

    ReplyDelete