Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day Trip

Even though we live a mere 5 miles from the Wyatt's, Jonah and I took a 'Day Trip' to visit them. The Wyatt's live in Manhattan, but farther north and on the west side, so a bit of an effort is involved in getting up to see them. Our route includes the crosstown bus and then a train. It takes close to an hour door-to-door. One of the complicating factors is that it is difficult to take a stroller on a bus, so I either have to fold up the stroller, carry it, Jonah, and our stuff, or I just take Jonah in the 'carrier' and tote our stuff. I chose the second option today. Its crazy to think that it takes about an hour to travel 5 miles. If I were to jog, I could most likely get there in less than an hour. Oh the joys of living in NYC.....

Anyways, we went to visit the Wyatt's for the day and had a great time. Jonah played with Jack, Lillie, and Elliott. It was a lot of action for him. He is used to it being me and him, so being with 3 other kids all day wore him out. He had a great time though! He loved playing with all their toys. He especially loved their 'play kitchen'. There are some pictures of him playing with Jack, Lillie, and Elliott and the various toys posted below.

My friend, Susan, and I planned to get together today to be domestic. She is much more crafty than me, so I definitely followed her lead on this, but we were successful. To get this point across a little more clearly... I had not touched a sewing machine since 8th grade until today, so without Susan's guidance, I would have been TOTALLY lost!! We made book slings today! We are not completely done, but we are well on our way. We did all of the sewing today, we just have to buy the hardware to mount them on the wall. If you click on the link to book slings above, you can get an idea of what the finished product will look like. I will post a picture of mine when it is complete and mounted on the wall. We each made 2. I made 1 for Jonah's room and 1 for the living room. They won't be mounted until we move into the new apartment, so it may be a few weeks until they are up. Below are various pictures from our day. We had a great time!
















2 comments:

  1. We had a great time... start thinking of what we can get into next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! I love that idea. Thanks for your sweet comment....I've only been sewing for a couple of years, but it's so much fun and kind of addicting. :) Jonah is absolutely delicious- love those blue eyes! I'm glad you're well. And that you blog! :)

    ReplyDelete