Monday, December 14, 2009

Stroll Momma Stroll!

I have been wanting to blog about this for the past several months. I finally got some pictures so now I can!

I attend a 'Mommy and Me' exercise class in Central Park. The class meets on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Its a pay as you go class, so you can come on the days that are most convenient for you. Its a great set up!

We run around the Great Lawn in Central Park doing various hopping, skipping, jumping, running... all with our strollers in front of us. We stop every now and then and do various exercises such as, dips, pushups, lunges, squats, etc. At the end of the class, we do about 20 minutes of sculpting exercises, which is really my favorite part. I've never had the discipline to do these types of exercises on my own, so I am enjoying being made to do them!
Anyways, I really enjoy the variety that this class provides. It is fun, I get to meet other Mommas and their precious little ones, all while being in the great outdoors, beautiful Central Park, and staying in shape! I love it!

If you live in NYC and are a Momma, you should definitely give this class a try! Its totally worth it. Its pretty challenging at first, but if you keep coming back, you'll know the routine and you start seeing the benefits, which will keep you coming back for more!

Here are some pictures from class today. There were only 2 of us there. In the warmer months, there have been 12-15 Mommas in attendance. I like there to be a lot of Mommas there for the instructor's sake, but for my sake, I like it when the class is small. :) One time I was the only one that showed up, so it was like I got an hour long personal training session for 10 bucks! You can't beat that!
Anyways, enjoy the pics... don't make fun of me d/t all the crazy poses. :)


Step ups onto the wall
Abs... I think this is the hardest part of the class.

Bands... for arms and upper body

Jonah didn't last in the stroller the whole time today.

Stretching and cool down.




No comments:

Post a Comment