Monday, December 13, 2010

Momma's Baby


Momma's baby from the moment I first held you.

Jonah Samuel Probst was born 2 years ago, this Saturday, December 18th. He was born at 6:48am, weighed 8lbs 9oz, and was 21 1/2 inches long. What a memorable day that was for me (for more reasons that one!)


Its your Birthday! Its your Birthday!

I was going to wait to post this till his actual birthday, but this weekend is going to be really busy, and I was afraid I wouldn't have time, so I decided to go ahead and do the post... in honor of Jonah's birthday week.

The past two years have, clearly, been the most amazing years. Jonah has taught me so very much (without even knowing it!). He has helped me learn about a whole new depth of love. His young life has given new meaning to my life. He made me a mother, the BEST job I could ever ask for, dream of, or wish to be. What a privilege and honor it is to be his mother.

Jonah has helped me understand the love of God more fully, the love that would cause one to give their life for another. Love that goes beyond the surface, to the depths of the soul.

Each day and every moment that I have the privilege of being Jonah's mother is truly a blessing. He is my baby, and wether he likes it or not, he always will be. I have often said to him, "Jonah, you're Momma's baby". I will say this to him when I am holding him, espeically when he is sitting in my lap. Well, recently he will climb into my lap, look up at me and say "Momma Baby". This brings pure joy to my heart! What a little love he is!!! He also will run up to me (or Mark) and say "Bi Ugg!" (meaning Big Hug). How could anyone resist?? After we are done with our hug, he will hold up all of his fingers and say "Twhoo Uggs!" He wants another hug. How precious! Jonah, you can have all the hugs you want!!! AND if you so desire, you can continue to climb in my lap and say "Momma Baby" (even when you are 18 years old!).

Jonah, you are the sweetest boy in the whole world. You mean the world to me. I would do ANYTHING for you. You have no idea how thankful I am for you. Thank you for every kiss, every hug, every smile, and yes, every tear and scream. I love every moment of it. I would go to the ends of the earth for you. Thank you for being Momma's Baby.... you always will be. I love you with all my heart!


One more baby picture - Jonah a couple of weeks old.


Look at me now! I'm getting so big!


I love Christmas, just like my Mommy!


Yup, still Momma's baby.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! He is such a cutie. Happy Birthday Jonah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's 2 already! What a sweet baby boy....Happy Birthday, Jonah!

    ReplyDelete